As we prosper, so can you
We’re in the business of empowering potential, and as a growing company, we can offer a wide range of opportunities for you to grow too.
When you join our team of energy movers, you’ll get responsibility and opportunities in an environment full of helpful experts and team leaders supporting your career development every inch of the way.
Our commitment to continuous career development includes:
- Access and support to internal and external courses, conferences, and further education
- Quarterly dialogue of your career development and opportunities, and
- Annual team reviews covering motivation, well-being, teamwork and management.
Let’s prosper together.
Many roles, one goal
Our growing business is made up different work areas comprising a wide variety of roles. They all help propel us towards our goal: to power the world as it transitions towards a sustainable future. Our departments, areas and roles in which you can make an impact include:
This is where you’ll meet our power, gas, and LNG traders, quantitative analysts, data scientists, trading analysts, and algorithmic traders.
Renewable Energy Trading & Optimisation
We’re originators, business developers, portfolio managers, contract managers, meteorologists, forecast analysts, and asset forecasters.
Our Trade Support consists of a wide range of specialists who support our traders in all ways. Trade Support is strongly backed by student assistants and is recognised for their professional work of continuously feeding our talent pipeline.
IT & Software Development
We’re software developers, system engineers, information security specialists, algorithmic developers, system developers, data engineers, and network engineers.
Legal, Compliance & Regulatory
We’re legal counsels, legal assistants, compliance officers, and regulatory specialists.
We’re market risk analysts, credit risk analysts, and quantitative risk analysts.
Commercial Business Development
We’re business developers, agile coaches, project managers, process analysts, market analysts, and market access specialists.
Finance & Administration
We’re business controllers, invoicing specialists, settlement analysts, financial business partners, accountants, tax specialists, payroll specialists, and business analysts.
Strategy, Marketing, Communications & People
We’re strategy managers, marketing & brand managers and coordinators, communications & PR specialists, brand designers, People Partners, and talent acquisition specialists.
Make your move with usBrowse our vacancies
Empowering your potential
We’re invested in your career and focused on your growth as we build the workforce and capabilities we’ll need in the future.
As well as encouraging external courses and further education, we also have a number of internal programmes to help you learn, upskill, re-skill, and pivot your career in a variety of ways.
- Job rotation: In 2022 we had around 50 internal job rotations where people shifted roles, were promoted, or changed to a new location. All new positions at Centrica Energy are posted internally, and all employees are encouraged to explore the many opportunities available.
- eLearning platform: Our interactive learning platform, My Learning Campus, is a personalised, multi-device service packed with courses, tools, and resources, so you can learn at your own pace, in a way that suits you.
- Guilds: Guilds are woven throughout the fabric of our company, providing an excellent framework for knowledge sharing. Each Guild consists of subject-matter experts there to train and guide you where needed.
- Study Groups: Open to all employees, self-governed study groups are designed to expand perspectives, learn new subjects, and share knowledge across teams and departments. Each group consists of 5-8 members, plus a facilitator familiar with the topic.
- Book Library: Employees who wish to deepen their niche subject-matter expertise can tap into the company Book Library, which purchases books for lending on topics as broad as energy market fundamentals, software design, process optimisation, and much more.
Early careers to exhilarate and accelerate
Gain hands-on industry experience working alongside the best in the business.
Still studying but want to kickstart your career with some great work experience? Over 80 students and Graduates are an integrated part of our current workforce.
It’s really great to experience the excitement of shaping the future of energy with a dynamic team of smart, driven individuals. Fast-paced innovation, fairness, and fun are at the forefront of our culture.
Manager, Head of Quantitative Forward Trading
Jennifer Archer - moving on up
Working in finance and being the Chapter Lead of Centrica Women’s Network in London, Jennifer combines her passions for finance and gender equality.