1. Protection of your privacy
Centrica Energy Trading A/S (“we”, “us” or “our”) believe it is important to protect your privacy, and so we are committed to giving you a service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy.
This policy explains how we may collect information about you and then use it to meet your needs. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your privacy.
2. Data protection responsibility and contact details
For this website, www.centricaenergytrading.com, and associated services, the data controller is Centrica Energy Trading A/S:
Centrica Energy Trading A/S
Skelagervej 1, DK-9000 Aalborg
CVR no.: 20293195
Tel: +45 99 39 55 00
This policy explains your statutory rights and how we collect and process your personal data. It describes the processing activities that are carried out by Centrica Energy Trading A/S, the purposes for which these activities are performed, and the legal bases that we rely upon for these processing activities.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time to ensure it is always up to date and accurate. Any changes we may make to our privacy notice will be posted on this page.
If you have any questions concerning our processing of your personal data, you are welcome to contact us on CETemail@example.com.
You may also contact Centrica plc’s data protection officer by writing to The Data Protection Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Personal data
We may process the following personal data about you depending on whether you are a counterparty, client, potential counterparty or client, service supplier, broker, consultant, contractor, business partner and/or job applicant or in any other way use our services, are communicating with us or enter into agreements, contracts etc. with us.
We collect and process personal data relating to your use of our website, any social media profile operated by Centrica Energy Trading A/S or when you in any other way interact with us, including:
- name, gender, date of birth, job title, company name, address, email address, telephone number, photos etc.
- information on cookies, including conduct on website, and technical identifiers, IP address, type of device used to access the website etc., browser type, browser ID, language setting, the website referring you to our website, which parts of the website are accessed.
- information which we may receive from job applicants, including name, address, email address, telephone number, job application and CV, diplomas, any other personal data appearing from the documents that you may have sent us, references, personality tests.
- any other personal data which we may receive in connection with inquiries, correspondence, or cooperation.
4. How we process personal data
We collect and process your data from various sources depending on the specific situation. This includes the following sources:
- Directly from you, including when you set up an account with us, apply for a job, purchase products or services from us, submit information via our website, complete forms we provide to you, enter our competitions and promotions, make a claim or complaint, exercise your statutory rights, contact us by phone, e-mail or otherwise communicate with us directly.
- Our website or other media accounts; of which we collect information on how you use our website etc. and any smart devices that you connect to our website etc.
- Other companies we work with; who provide us with information to help us deliver our products and services to you, including companies in the Centrica Group who may provide relevant information about the products and services bought from them, counterparties and brokers (companies with which we have trading or related relationships) and lead generation providers.
- Third party data and insight providers; which provide us with relevant information about you which we append to our existing records to help us operate our business and deliver our services to you.
5. Purpose of processing of your personal data
We may process your personal data to pursue legitimate interests, including:
- To administrate, manage and develop our businesses and services, including trading activities and taking payment
- To offer you a functional website
- To provide analyses, measurements, and targeted advertising
- To handle requests
- To manage and contact counterparties etc.
- To manage information reporting
- To provide information about the Centrica group and its services
- To maintain accuracy and relevance of your data
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, complaints, and disputes
- For Investigation of crime and fraud
- To handle job applications and/or CV’s.
We may process your personal data because we’re legally obliged to, including:
- Screening and due diligence
- Comply with legal obligations and license conditions
- Understand the information we hold to ensure compliance with data protection legislation
- Internal and statutory audits.
We may process your personal data to fulfil contractual obligations, including:
- To provide a service to you in accordance with the contract
- To fulfil the trading relationship in accordance with our contract.
We may process your personal data because you have given consent, including:
- Marketing activity
- Offering you guest Wi-Fi if you visit our premises.
We may anonymise and aggregate any of the personal data we hold (so that it does not identify you). We may use anonymised and aggregated information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site, apps and developing new products and services.
6. Recipients of personal data
In certain situations, we disclose your personal data to other parties. Third parties support Centrica Energy Trading A/S in providing its services and help provide, run and manage IT systems.
Examples of third-party contractors we use are providers of identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data backup, security and cloud storage services. The third-party providers may use their own third-party subcontractors that have access to personal data (sub-processors). It is our policy to use only third-party providers that are bound to maintain appropriate levels of security and confidentiality to process personal information only as instructed by us, and to flow same obligations down to their sub-processors.
7. Transfer to third countries
Centrica Energy Trading A/S is part of a global organisation and in common with other organisations, we use third parties located in other countries to help us run our business. As a result, personal data may be transferred outside the countries where we and our customers are located. This includes countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and to countries that do not have laws that provide specific protection for personal data.
We have taken steps to ensure all personal data is provided with adequate protection and that all transfers of personal data outside the EEA are done lawfully. Where we transfer personal data outside of the EEA to a country not determined by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data, the transfers will be under an agreement which covers the requirements for the transfer of personal data outside the EEA.
We will keep your personal data for as long as is considered necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Personal data may be held for longer periods where extended retention periods are required by law or regulation and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
9. Your rights
You may have certain rights under your local law in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
- Right of information: You are entitled to be informed about the personal data we collect, how your personal data is being used, and from whom we collect your personal data when we obtain it from other sources.
- Right of access: You are entitled to obtain access to the personal data processed about you and various additional data. However, the right of access should not adversely affect the rights or freedoms of others.
- Right of rectification: You are entitled to demand rectification of inaccurate data about you and, considering the purpose of the processing, you are also entitled to have incomplete data completed.
- Right of deletion: You are entitled to request the blocking or deletion of your personal data in some circumstances.
- Right of limitation of processing: In some situations, you are entitled to restrict personal data processing.
- Right to data portability: You are entitled to receive your personal data provided by you to us and to send the data to another organisation (or ask us to do so if technically feasible) where our lawful basis for processing the personal data is consent or necessity for the performance of our contract with you and the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right of objection: In some situations, you are entitled to object to our otherwise lawful processing of data about you. You may also object to processing of data about you for direct marketing purposes.
- Withdrawal of consent: Where we process personal data based on consent, you are entitled to withdraw consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise the above rights, please contact us by using the contact details listed below.
If you have any privacy-related questions or comments, please contact us on CETemail@example.com.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal data, you can also complain to the Danish Data Protection Agency. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.